Lancers stand fast at the heart of the storm roaring defiance into the wind. They shield their friends and smite their enemies. They pin down their foes and laugh as the enemy tries to knock them down.
As powerful in defense as in attack, the lancer’s role in a fight is at the head of the formation. Their heavy shield absorbs damage, while his lance provides striking power that’s targeted yet effective against multiple foes. Numerous skills for drawing aggro let the lancer take the heat and give their party members more opportunities.
Lancers are primary tanks with aggro management skills being most important to them. They also have several skills that allow them to stun the enemy, keeping them from taking damage in response to their attacks for a short time.
Lancers are called by other names in various regions. Some of these include: Guardian, Knight, Paladin, and Templar.
Their primary equipment lies in heavy armor, Spear Polearms, and shields. They tend to enchant their equipment with aggro boosting glyphs to make it even harder for the enemy to move off of them.
- Stand Fast: Blocks frontal attacks with your shield. Allies behind you also get damage reduction.
Basic Attack Skills
- Combo Attack: Strike one or more targets in front of you, and gain energy with each hit. Successive strikes do more damage, up to three hits, with the third hit dealing substantially more.
- Onslaught: Rush your foe and lunge repeatedly. You are less likely to be knocked down or immobilized, and you only take half damage while using this skill.
- Lockdown Blow: Deliver a crippling attack in front of you, briefly decreasing the target’s speed.
- Spring Attack: Leap to your foe and strike a hard blow.
- Charging Lunge: Charge a short distance and impale your target.
- Retaliate: Leap to your feet while attacking the target.
- Second Wind: Instant Minor HP Recovery skill.
- Guardian Shout: Increases the Endurance of players around you.
- Debilitate: Briefly weaken the endurance of your foes. Stacks up to three times.
- Menacing Wave: Blast a wave that briefly decreases movement and attack speed of all targets near you.
- Iron Will: This allows you to absorb damage to your health with energy instead.
- Pledge of Protection: Absorb some of the damage done to other group members near you for a few seconds by taking it on yourself. It also bases damage on your defense and not theirs.
- Boom!: Increases attack speed for a few seconds.
- Refreshment: Regeneration buff.
- Redoubt: Increases block power and decreases move speed. Prevents being Pushed or Knocked Down.
- Imprison: Imprisons all enemies within its boundaries, circular short range AoE, for a short time.
- Invincibility: Grants immunity to all damage for a short time.
- Toughen: Grants bonus health for a time.
Aggro Management Skills
- Challenging Shout: Draw the attention of enemies near you, increasing their aggro towards you.
- Leash: Throws a magical hook or chain that pulls one enemy to you.
- Infuriate: Infuriate all monsters nearby to their maximum amount.
- Chained Leash: Throw a chain around a target and pull up to 6 enemies near him to you as well. This also stuns the enemies brought to you.
- Shield Barrage: Move forward, attacking target with your shield. Repeat the attack up to 2 hits, and the last hit may briefly stun your target.
- Shield Bash: Briefly stun one or more foes.
- Shield Counter: Gain a chance to shield-thump your foe while using the Stand Fast skill. You can’t be knocked down or immobilized, and you take half damage while using the skill.
- Bull Rush: Shoves an enemy away with your shield, dealing physical damage and disabling magic skills for a few seconds. Also interrupts enemy spellcasting and Increases Aggro.
- Shield Hammer: Hurls your shield at an enemy, knocking them down for a few seconds. Also deals physical damage to all enemies within close range of the target.