Nornan are essentially hardy-but-stumpy humans who see well in the dark. They are sometimes called ‘haflings’ by humans, though they would be the first to demand to know what they are meant to be half of. They are however typically about 2/3rds the height of most humans, and though they range from lanky to robust in the same way humans do, they tend toward extremes of weight. They are known for enjoying food, drink, tobacco, and shooting things.
Traditionally Nornans build their homes and other structures into hills or mountains. In fact it is said a Nornan clan helped the humans build the city of Vala. They have built many hamlets on the surface and some fairly inventive structures underground.
They are known for being very ‘earthy’ and yet civilized. They organize into clan structures which then form into larger communities as they grow and develop. They are a social race, though also reserved outside their clans.
- Holy Warrior
- Attribute Modifiers: HT+1 
- Secondary Characteristic Modifiers: FP+3 ; Basic Move-1 [-5]
- Advantages: Alcohol Tolerance , Damage Resistance 1 (Tough Skin, -40%) , Lifting ST 2 , Night Vision 5 , Nornan Marksmanship , Resistant to Poison (+3) .
- Disadvantages: Gluttony (12) [-5] and Stubbornness [-5]
- Features: Armor isn’t interchangeable with human armor
- Damage Resistance 2 (Tough Skin, -40%)  can replace DR 1 (Tough Skin, -40%) , for 3 points.
- Nornan Marksmanship up to 4 [5/level].
- Resistant to Poison (+8)  can replace Resistant to Poison (+3) , for 2 points.
- Psionic Resistance [2/level]
- SIlence up to 4 [5/level]
Nornans are a crack shot with ranged weapons as well as mechanisms related to them. This Talent aids Armoury (Missile Weapons), Bow, Lockpicking, Scrounging, Sling, Throwing, Thrown Weapon (Axe, Dart, Knife, and Stick), and Traps. 5 points/level.